With Valentine's Day upon us, all of the couples out there are enjoying the love and companionship of their relationships. But for a lot of folks, February 14th is just another day on the path to the start of another baseball season.
Keeping both of those in mind, it only seemed right to release this list of ten reasons why baseball is better than a relationship, if only to give the single readers something positive to cling to on this day of romantic celebration.Ten Reasons Why Baseball Is Better Than a Relationship:
1. It's perfectly normal to go years or even decades without putting a ring on it (especially if you're a Cubs fan).
2. A five dollar stadium hot dog and an eight dollar beer are still much cheaper (and usually more satisfying) than dinner and wine at a fancy restaurant.
3. "Man crushes" are understood and encouraged. So is swinging.
4. If you're on the right team, snappy pinstripes can be worn for more than just special occasions.
5. Picking up the phone brings relief without a lot of questions or discussion.
6. Living with your parents is not a problem and allows more money for tickets.
7. As Jamie Moyer
proved, your best years can come fifteen years after you start.
8. Checking out diamonds involves fun stadium-hopping road trips, instead of glass counter tops and high prices.
9. You can leave all of the lawn mowing and grounds keeping to a group of experts.
10. Fantasy conversations are much, much cleaner, and usually less embarrassing.